Buy Unwanted Produce and Support Small Farmers.
We’ve all read the news about how much food is wasted in our country, right? So these peeps are doing something about that, and you can too. They deliver – to your door, for $15/week – produce that’s been rejected as “imperfect” by grocery stores. You get a big box of fruits and veggies, you support the local farmers that grow those items that they wouldn’t otherwise be able to sell, and this org donates a healthy meal to someone in need for every box you buy. COULD IT GET ANY BETTER???? We think not. How can you do it? We’ve got all of the deets below…
Organization: Hungry Harvest
Check out Hungry Harvest’s ethos:
1. WE BELIEVE THAT EVERY PERSON HAS THE RIGHT TO EAT HEALTHY.
It shouldn’t matter where you live, what your tax bracket is, or how the economy is doing.
2. WE BELIEVE THAT NO FOOD SHOULD GO TO WASTE.
It shouldn’t matter where it was grown, how it was grown, or how it was packaged. No food should go to waste – period.
THESE BELIEFS ARE WHY WE EXIST, WE WON’T STOP UNTIL THEY BECOME A REALITY.
Bam. That’s why we love them and get their stuff. We think you should too.
- For $15/week, you get produce that stores have rejected from farmers. It’s not bad, people, it’s just not perfect (and um, who among us is perfect?). I’m talking it’s not a perfectly round potato perfect.
- You can choose recovered, organic ($30), or all fruit ($25). You can also add on local goodies. SO COOL!!! Then sit back, relax, and have them show up at your door. Super awesome part? You can cancel at any time – no yearly subscription here. But we’re pretty sure you won’t cancel :).
- Before you do any of that, you gotta figure out if they deliver to your area. Put in your zip code here. They don’t deliver? Drop them a line at email@example.com and demand that they expand! Because these people need to transform our food supply.