Create a Hope Doll (tell it your hopes, put it under your pillow, and they’ll keep ahold of them all through the night) craft to help Casey Cares, an amazing, Aina-approved nonprofit organization that is not only helping children dealing with illness, but they’re helping the whole family as well. As they state, “A child with a life threatening illness becomes a ripple in the water, affecting the entire family structure. Quite often, at least one parent must leave the workplace focusing full attention on their sick child. The other parent may have to take on a second job; the other siblings may receive little attention. And unless there is support of some kind, each day is one of overwhelming medical, emotional and financial stress and anguish that is difficult to imagine.” 3 million children are hospitalized in the United States every year – those families need your help.
This project also includes resource links, an overview of the issue, and the details on the Aina-Approved organization you’ll be sending that Hope Doll to. This craft is easy enough for children as small as 4 to tackle. It’s the perfect craft for any parent, civic group, or church leader. This is a fantastic opportunity to introduce the idea of childhood diseases, make a very cute (and fun) craft to help fine motor skills, and do something very positive for children battling illness.
- You will receive all of the supplies and Tutorial Card to create create Hope Dolls for a family going through chronic childhood illness.
- Included supplies will be enough for at least 25-30 minutes of crafting per person.*
- An Information Sheet about the issue, the Aina-approved organization, and Talking Points for the project is included.
- This project falls under the Cause Category of: Community/Babies & Children/Childhood/Youth Health Problems.
- Resource links, related books, websites, videos, and films are also included – Aina projects are excellent for playdates, book clubs, and ladies nights in!