Help the Homeless: Samaritan Squares Crochet Project
$4.99 – $80.00
Create a crocheted blanket square to help the homeless.
This Project includes the supplies for making a crochet blanket square to send to an Warm Up America, an Aina-Approved nonprofit that focuses on stopping death from exposure on the streets. They will take your blanket square and knit it together into a blanket to hand out to the homeless in need. Warm Up America distributes warm afghans, caps and other items to tens of thousands of people, thanks to the generosity of knitters and crocheters around the country.
This project is easy enough for children as small as 7 to tackle. It’s the perfect craft for any parent, civic group, or church leader. This is a fantastic opportunity to introduce the idea of homelessness, make a fun craft to help fine motor skills, and do something very positive for the homeless population.
This project includes resource links, an overview of the issue, and the details on the Aina-Approved organization.
- You will receive all of the supplies and Tutorial Card to create create crochet squares for the homeless.
- Included supplies will be enough for at least 25-30 minutes of crafting per person.*
- An Information Sheet about the issue, the Aina-approved organization, and Talking Points for the project is included.
- This project falls under the Cause Category of: Community/Homelessness
- Resource links, related books, websites, videos, and films are also included – Aina projects are excellent for playdates, book clubs, and ladies nights in!
|Download or Party Basket||
Downloadable Project Plan, Party Basket: 0-10 Attendees, Party Basket: 11-15 Attendees, Party Basket: 16-20 Attendees